Wood fired vase 2
- A unique work of art. Designed and made by hand in Finland.
- Shipment in 1-3 business days.
- Delivery via Posti or DHL within 21 working days.
- Fixed delivery cost.
- In the packaging I use e.g. recycled materials.
- The payment service provider is Visma Pay: online banking payments, card payments, wallet services, credit invoice; as well as SEPA bank transfer, Stripe and PayPal.
- Bloch Ceramics Certificate of Authenticity
Out of stock
Wood Fired Vase 2
Unique ceramic art object. Fired in anagama wood firing kiln for 4 days and 3 nights. Wheel thrown stoneware, wood ash glazes. The object is a work of art that can be used as a vase. Place the object in a place of light and enjoy the spectrum of shades. The surface of the vase has a rough imprint on the anagama kiln: ash and charcoal on both the outside and inside. For this reason, a gentle hand wash is recommended.
Dimensions: app. H 15 x D 15 cm
The Bloch Ceramics certificate of authenticity comes with your purchase.
Anagama is an Asian primitive wood-firing tunnel kiln. One firing takes approx. 3-4 days and firewood takes approx. 10 cubes during the process. Wood firing creates a unique imprint that cannot be imitated in other ceramic firing methods. Wood ash does its magic. Peak temperature approx. 1300 degrees C is reached on the last day of burning. While firing burning ash and coal coals are regularly flushed with a cast iron shovel. The process is called reduction. The ash rises into the air and travels with the fire through the furnace tunnel to the surface of the objects. The imprint of wood firing in the anagama kiln is rough. You can read more about firing here .
VAT 10%, unique work of art.